Making the choice to move to an independent living community is a good move for many seniors. But that’s only half of the decision making. Choosing the right independent living community is also essential to long-term happiness in retirement. While on the surface, many communities may seem comparable, there are plenty of differences to be aware of. Here’s a look at what to look for when choosing the perfect independent living community.
1. Where do you want to live? In a busy urban setting or a smaller town with a slower but still robust lifestyle? Sonrisa Senior Living is located in the beautiful city of Roseville, CA, a small, friendly, thriving community where life is simple and uncomplicated but offers many of the same cultural benefits as the big city. Best of all, Sonrisa is a community in itself that provides a full and diverse range of amenities and activities for active seniors in retirement.
2. How important is luxury living? Independent living communities, just like homes, come in a range of styles and décor. Having achieved retirement, many seniors feel it’s their time to live in a more upscale place that offers a level of luxury they deserve. For those in this mind set, Sonrisa has set the bar high for resort-style independent living communities by attending to every detail from bright open communal spaces to our beautiful, fully appointed apartments. But don’t take our word for it, get a feel for what we have to offer in independent living by viewing our gallery.
3. What are the housing options? Among the many options for independent living housing is to rent, which is especially preferred by seniors who want to shed the responsibilities and the costs of owning a home. Independent living apartments at Sonrisa are designed to be beautiful, as well as safe and secure. Residents can choose from a studio that is perfect for one, or a one or two bedroom. Each has 9-foot ceilings for a spacious, open feel, a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, quartz counters throughout, and walk-in showers. Other touches include soft-close cabinets with under cabinet lighting, full-size washers and dryers, walk-in closets, and for added security, electronic entry locks.
4. Are services included or à la carte? Seniors moving to Independent living have many expectations, among them is a high level of service. In many independent living communities, new residents choose such services like meal plans, housekeeping, and linen service from an à la carte menu, with up charges for each. At Sonrisa, however, our monthly rental fee includes all of the above as well as utilities, Internet, and basic cable. Our residents love not having to worry about all of those pesky little monthly fees and can spend their time enjoying all of the many Sonrisa amenities.
5. What amenities are provided? True luxury independent living is inherently well stocked with onsite amenities designed to make life simple, carefree and fun. Sonrisa offers residents amenities that rival even the nicest resorts including daily planned activities like exercise classes and arts and crafts, a full, state-of-the-art fitness center, a yoga and dance studio, a resort-quality swimming pool with a barbeque area, a movie theater, a full hair salon and barbershop, and a day spa. Residents who enjoy a little competitive sport love the perfectly designed courts for pickleball and bocce ball, a horseshoe pit, and the putting green, and pet owners have a place of their own in our dog park and indoor dog washing facility.
6. What are the food and beverage options? Along with luxury should come elegance, especially when it comes to meals. At Sonrisa, independent living means sumptuous, chef-prepared meals served in our upscale restaurant or when desired, at poolside. Also included is our Bistro Café for excellent snacks and beverages as well as our lounge where our residents enjoy the best libations with friends. Of course, for our foodie residents their own beautiful kitchens allow them to prepare their own meals and entertain as they like.
At Sonrisa Senior Living, luxury independent living is simply a way of life, and we are always ready to help seniors make the right choice for retirement. Contact us today, we will gladly answer any questions you have and arrange for a personal tour.