Planning a safe, active, and fulfilling retirement should include a look at what can be gained by a move to a retirement community. For seniors who are healthy and live an active lifestyle, a retirement community has benefits they can’t get at home without considerable investment and maintenance. Before deciding whether to stay at home or move to a retirement community, take a look at seven great reasons for making the move.
1) Safety and security — Living at home has its benefits, but they do not often include 24/7, 365 safety and security. In a retirement community, resident safety and security are a given. But it’s not just having good locks and emergency help available, it’s also knowing that in a retirement community living spaces are accessible, clean and clear of obstacles, and that everything is designed to make life safer and easier. Find out more about what it really takes to live safely and securely at home, rather than in a retirement community, in the aarp.com blog, “Can You Afford to Age in Place?”
2) Lonely no more — Life in a retirement community offers seniors the opportunity to meet new people, make new friends, and say goodbye to lonely days alone at home. For example, Sonrisa Senior Living is more like a resort than a retirement community and social activities abound. Residents can join an exercise class, enjoy arts and crafts, meet friends for bocce ball or pickleball, or take a break at The Bistro Café. There are so many ways to get out and enjoy life in a retirement community like Sonrisa that our residents often ask themselves, “What took me so long?” For an inside look at what’s on tap at Sonrisa, check out our Monthly Activity Calendar.
3) Fitness benefits — Unlike the sterile and unappealing “nursing homes” of the past, life in a retirement community today offers active residents so many ways to stay fit and healthy right on site, it’s easier than ever to get in shape and stay that way. From yoga and dance classes to exercise centers and fitness clubs to luxurious swimming pools, and putting greens, residents can create exercise routines that fit their needs and schedules without ever leaving campus. At Sonrisa we offer all this and more, and even seniors with limitations can reap the mental and physical benefits of exercise as described in the report, “Physical Activity and Health: A Report of the Surgeon General” from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
4) Beautiful accommodations — No one wants to leave their family home for a place that isn’t as good or better. For that reason, we designed our Sonrisa housing to go above and beyond so that our residents feel at home in the beautiful apartment of their choice. We know that a retirement community has to reach a pretty high bar to be considered among the best, so we made sure that each unit has a full kitchen, upgraded cabinets, stainless-steel appliances, wood, vinyl, and carpeted floors, airy nine-foot ceilings, walk-in showers, and washers and dryers. Also included are weekly housekeeping and linen services, utilities, basic cable, and Internet. Take a look at our floor plans for a better view of what we offer.
5) A great neighborhood — Although a retirement community that is top rated is often very self-contained, residents will want to have the benefit of living in a safe and vibrant community to enjoy as well. That’s why we chose Roseville, California for Sonrisa. Like our luxury retirement community, Roseville is an up-scale town with excellent shopping, amazing restaurants, art, history
and theater venues, great medical facilities, and top-notch golf courses. Our retirement community residents can enjoy a day of shopping, a night out on the town, or join friends on the links for 18 holes of golf. It’s also a great place to stay for family and friends who come to visit!
6) Outstanding dining choices — Many seniors love to cook, others not so much. At Sonrisa, we offer residents the option of eating chef prepared meals in our fine dining restaurant or in the Bistro Café, as they like. Included with each unit are two meals per day to use in the restaurant or poolside when relaxing in the sun. When company is coming, residents can also prepare their favorite dishes to share in their apartments and head out to the Bistro Café for a post-dinner libation, or the movie theater. Take a tour of our beautiful retirement community in our Video Gallery!
7) Beautiful spaces — To make a retirement community feel like home, it takes a lot of little touches. Indoor gathering spaces offer bright light and tall ceilings, while outdoor areas offer poolside or game courts and blooming gardens. Our residents enjoy the best of luxury resort living without all the maintenance and responsibilities of a family home. At Sonrisa, our active residents embrace all that carefree living has to offer and leave the details to us. Take a look around in our Community Gallery.
At Sonrisa we always go above and beyond to ensure our retirement community residents feel pampered and well cared for. To learn more about life at Sonrisa, contact us today!